Friday, May 13, 2011

Intro and Day 6

Today is day 6 of my journey.  The other day it just clicked in my head that I am sick of being fat and I must do something about it.  So I went to walmart late one Friday night and bought a ton of healthy foods.  Fresh veggies, fruits, etc.  I started working out.  That Sunday was Mother's day, so we did our usual celebration (out to lunch) and then we went to the store and I bought me a new workout outfit.  I'll post a before picture at the end of this post.  

I have done good for the past 6 days.  I started walking an hour a day.  I started riding my stationary bike some and have been eating less than 1,000 calories a day.  


My starting weight was around 204-206 depending on what I was wearing.

This morning I weighed myself and was 201.  So something I'm doing is helping.  Obviously if you stop eating crap food and start writing down what you eat and keep it under 1,000 calories, you are going to lose weight.  

I haven't missed a day of working out since I started.  I know, 6 days isn't very much, for for me it is HUGE!


I love having the support of everyone around me.  I really think that has helped me know that I can do it.

I have tried to lose weight in the past but I can tell that this time it's different.  I'm 30 years old, I'm ready for a change.  I feel that inside there is a skinny girl that is trying to come out and desperately wants to be seen again.  

When I started college, I weighed 115-120 lbs.  I know I may never get back to weighing that much (I have 2 children), but I'm hoping to get down to 135-140.  I think I can do it.  It's going to take time.  Maybe years, but I'm motivated, I'm mentally ready, I'm on my way!

Today I bought Jilian Michael's Detox and Cleanse.  I started that this afternoon.  So far, all I can tell is that I have to pee a lot!  Could be all the water I'm drinking but I just peed 5 minutes ago and I gotta go again.


So, on that note, here are a few pictures of me on Mother's day- "the before."

 Head shot
 Side view- notice all that baby belly or beer belly. That's what I want to really get rid of!


More to come...

4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! This is really brave...you go girl:)
    Tracie T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go on this journey with you!! You are an inspiration! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look determined! Love all the spandex. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your motivation! I know you can do it! I am too on my own journey. Stop over at my blog anytime. Hopefully we can support eachother!

    ReplyDelete

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools