Sunday, May 15, 2011

Prom, margaritaville, and tu-tu's

So last night I went to my mom's group girls night out "prom."  :)  I wasn't going to go because... well I didn't feel like taking this fat girl shopping to get a fat girl dress that I would look uncomfortable and fat in.  I decided to go and said "Fu@# it" I don't care.  I'm a work in progress and I am going to think of myself that way any time I put on something I just don't feel that great in. 

I didn't want to spend much, so I ran to goodwill.  Didn't find a darn thing (cause all the dresses were size 8 or less).  Depressing.

I came home and decided to make my darn dress.  So I got out all the tule I had (cause this fat girl needs a lot of tule to cover her butt) and made myself a pretty darn impressing tu-tu dress.  Here's a picture of it.

It was a huge sucess and I ended up winning for "most creative."  I didn't even know there would be voting going on.  Did I mention that I felt pretty darn cute in it and that everyone wanted to play with my dress.  :)  It was fun.  Made me feel good.

I told myself I wasn't going to drink much because of all the sugar and calories.  But I didn't eat dinner and didn't snack while I was there so I went for it.  I think I had about 4-5 margaritas.  Then after I got home I needed something in my tummy so I ate some chicken salad I made for the family for dinner last night.  So yes I went over my daily calorie intake yesterday for sure!  Oh well, I'm going to get back up on my horse today and not dwell on what I did last night.

Jilian Michaels cleanse day 3- Day's 1 and 2... nothing.  Day 3 so far... nothing.  I don't notice anything different.  I'm a little gassy... not sure that's related.  :)  So here's hoping that the flood gates open the heck up today because I spent 20 dollars on these silly pills... I want to at least see some results.

Today is Sunday, which means, CLEANING DAY!  I'm not motivated to clean my house but I guess I can't think of it as I'm burning calories while I clean.  :)

Today's morning weight (after eating a yogurt and drinking a big glass of water)- 200.5

Oh and I added a "ticker" to the bottom of my site so I can be reminded of how many pounds I've lost and how many more I have to go.

Happy weight loss everyone.  To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. How did you make it? I'm also a little bit on the chubby side... could you make a blog so I can consider making a dress just like it for my graduation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote a big reply from my phone but it doesn't look like it went through... let me try again...

      I made a no sew tu-tu... youtube has some great tutorials... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDp7kb62hTk

      I measured the approx length by just holding up the tulle to me and then doubling that length. (if that makes sense) So just a really long tu-tu. I didn't use elastic for the band, I used ribbon (if you do then you can tighten it and make sure you tie it in a knot for the night so it doesn't come loose... or use elastic for the band.

      I used whatever tulle I had around the house so I'm not sure how much I actually used.

      I got my tulle on the rolls (like the video I linked above) from Hobby Lobby (they go on sale for 1/2 off from time to time. Makes for easy cutting. Just cut a lot of it and keep on adding more until you have it good and thick.

      I just put a belt around me after I was done and wore a strapless bra and tank top under it with some leggins. :)

      I did make a duct tape dress as well for the next year. :)

      I got a lot of compliments on both... but the tu tu dress won't last a long time and gets kinda itchy.

      I've made some tu tu's adding ribbon and cut fabric as well.

      Have fun! Hope that helps some.

      Delete

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools