Sunday, June 12, 2011

5 weeks

I've been on this journey for 5 weeks now.  I haven't lost any since the last time I posted (yesterday) but wanted to just post something today because I'm bored.

I went for a walk this morning.  I couldn't stand the heat and humidity so we cut it short and only went about 30 minutes.  So, later I will get my zumba on and maybe ride my stationary bike (I haven't done that in a while).

I can't remember if I said this yesterday on here but I bought The Michael Jackson Experience yesterday.  It is fun to do but not quite a workout.  I did play around with that for about 30 minutes and did sweat but it just wasn't the same as my zumba.  :)

So let's look at my weight loss this week.

Week 4: 194.5
Week 5: 192.5
Weight lost: 2 pounds
Total Weight lost: 11.5 pounds

That seems to be the magic number for me.  I wish I could lose more than this but if it means this weight is going to stay off then I'm ok with that.  I'm sure I could start some specific diet or take a magic pill or drink some magic juice that would help me lose more but would that really help me in the long run?  NO!  I have to learn how to eat right and watch my portions and learn how to eat like I'm going to eat for the rest of my life.  I can't do a "fad diet" because will I do that the rest of my life?  NO.  So I'm ok right now with losing the weight slowly (though I feel like I'm losing it fast enough).

Time to do something around the house or with the kids.  It has been one of those "WHEN IS BEDTIME" kinda days.

To be continued (oh and I decided not to take pictures until next Sunday because I just did that a few days ago)....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools