Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I would walk 500 miles..

Well not 500 but I did walk almost 5 miles tonight (close to 10,000 steps).  :)  I pushed myself to walk further than I've walked in a while.  I feel like if I walk far far away from home it makes me walk longer and harder because I have to turn around and walk back.  So, I walked around 2.5 miles away from my house and 2.5 miles back.  Michael Jackson got me through my walk today for sure.  Such great music and beats to walk to. 

I am feeling a bit better today.  I ate decent and healthy and exercised.  I'm feeling good and I think I'm working my way back into the groove of things.

I weighed myself after my walk tonight (after my shower) and it said 191.  :)  I'm sure that's because of all the water I lost sweating!  But even so, closer to the 80's than this morning.  We'll see how things are tomorrow (yes I stayed away from the scale for a week... it's time for it to come out from hiding). 

I made gazpacho today and it is YUMMY!  It is like eating a fresh bowl of salsa with cucumbers.  I'm sure it will taste even better tomorrow.  I didn't add any heat to it but I think I may put a little Tabasco in it tomorrow to spice things up a bit.  It is only 60 something calories per cup, not bad at all.

I watched Dr. Oz today and he was talking about the HCG diet.  At first I was kinda interested in it, thought... hmmm maybe I could try that.  But then after hearing more, it sounds like anorexia to me, or could lead to that.  You only eat 500 calories?  That couldn't be good or healthy for your body.  What nutrition are you getting?  How are you fueling your body?  Yeah you'd lose weight, DUH!  You aren't eating!  I feel like the HCG drops wouldn't really do anything and would be a big waste of money... but maybe they do?  Who knows? 

(WARNING- RANT)

All I know is I know I can lose this weight BY MYSELF!  No need for fad diets or silly colon cleansers, or protein diet, or low carb diet, or lemonade diet, or whatever.  I'm just going to try to eat low calorie, healthy foods, drink plenty of water, and exercise to lose this weight.  I'm not on a specific diet, I'm making a life style change and if you aren't mentally ready to lose weight, you aren't going to lose it.  That's me standing on my soap box (not really sure what that means, but I hear people say it a lot).  :)  So, sit down, meditate, talk to yourself about losing this weight.  Talk to that skinny girl inside you and push the fat girl (might be hard) to the ground and get your butt up and do something about your life!  That's the only way you are going to lose weight.  You have to be ready or it just won't work.

So I will leave the post at that and go get in front of the TV and be the fat girl for a while.  This skinny girl WILL be seen sooner or later.  I just know it is going to take time and I need to be patient.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools