Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Saying Goodbye to my addiction

I'm saying goodbye to one of my addictions for a while.  I had a lot of people tell me to put the scale away!  So, I'm putting it away (said I was going to a while ago but didn't) and giving myself 2 weeks until I weigh again!  2 WEEKS away from my addiction.  I think that will be good for me.  I know what I'm doing is healthy and should be working.  I'm eating right (for the most part), working out almost every day, so hopefully I will see results. 

This is going to be hard for me to do because I like the feeling I get when I weigh myself.  I have realized that I'm addicted to weighing myself.  I don't just do it once a day either.  I go to the bathroom and weigh myself, I eat and weigh myself, I take a shower and weigh myself, I take off all my clothes and weigh myself.  This madness has got to stop.  So I'm going to put it up somewhere and then when my husband comes home tonight I'm having him hide it (because knowing me, I'll get it out if I know where it is). 

I'm hoping that in 2 weeks I'll see 180something. 

In other news...

I ate some ruffles yesterday and then threw the rest down the drain.  Jason came home and was wanting some with his dinner and I told him what I did.  :/  But you know what, neither of us need any.  See, with me, I can't just eat a handful and put them up, I gorge myself on the darn chips, especially when I get near the bottom of the bag.  I mean, who wants to put a bag of almost gone chips back in the pantry?  So I keep saying "eh, the bags almost empty, better eat the rest."  Then I end up eating like 1/2 a bag!  Chips are my weakness and I don't need that in the house.  Yeah, yeah, have some willpower or control, right?  Well that's ok to an extent and then I just stress out about it and constantly think about it which is not doing my body any good.  I end up trying to eat something else to fill that craving and then end up caving in and eating them.  SO, NO CHIPS IN THIS HOUSE!

My weaknesses:  chips, cheese, dips, chocolate (at times), fruit punch, hotdogs, or anything else salty and BAD for me.

I can usually pass up cake at a birthday party or deserts, but when I see those chips and rotel or ranch dip it takes a lot of will power for me to pass that up. 

Worked out last night.  Went for a walk/run.  When I first started out my shins were hurting with every step I took, so I had to back up a bit and walk for a while.  Then towards the middle of my walk I started pushing myself to run a little and run a little farther each time.  It felt good and I didn't really care what people thought when they saw me becasue, "at least she's doing something,"right?  :)

I did zumba this morning.  I will ride my bike later, and then go for a walk when the kids go to bed.  I wish I was an early morning person.  I'm so determined to get up at least one time a week in the morning (about 5:30am) and go for my walk.  What a great way to start the day.  Every time I set my alarm clock to do that, I just can't seem to get up.  It is really hard to talk myself into that, that early in the morning.  Maybe tomorrow!

I'm off to watch All my Children and rest for a little while the kids are napping.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I am addicted to my scale too ;) Good for you giving it up - it'll be like Christmas when you weigh yourself in two weeks and see how much the numbers have dropped! :)

    ReplyDelete

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools