Saturday, July 16, 2011

10 Weeks today

So today is 10 weeks since I started this journey (I think I said that last week... but I figured it out for realz).  :P

Starting weight: 204
Weight today: 184
Pounds lost: 20

I'm a little frustrated but not.  I was down 2 pound more the other day but back up to 184 today.  :/  BUT!  I have lost 2 pounds a week on average, which was my goal anyway.  So I'm doing good.  I think a lot of the reason I gained that 2 pounds back is because I am not drinking water like I need to be.  I also think it is because I'm not upping my workout.  I'm doing about the same as I did in the beginning and now I'm not burning as many calories so I'll need to add another workout or time to my workout to burn more calories.   

So, my goal to be 170 on August 5th is just not going to happen unless I lose more than 2 pounds a week.

I'm setting a new goal for myself.  176 by August 10th (that's when I go back to school).  I have 26 days or about 3.7 weeks to do this.  So that is a little over 2 pounds a week.  It will be almost 30 pounds total lost. 

I think what I'm going to start doing is go on a bike ride in the mornings (not a morning person though), my C25K training in the evening, and make sure to get zumba workout or some DVD workout 2 times a week as well as weight training a couple times a week too.

I will take pictures of me tomorrow but I don't expect myself to look any different than I did last week (I was at the same weight last week). 

A few questions to all my blog stalkers: 

1.  What have you done to help you get that weight off when you seem to be stuck? 
2.  What workout do you feel burns the most calories and makes you feel great?
3.  What weight is your ultimate goal? (I keep going back and forth, not sure where I want to be)

2 comments:

  1. When I feel stuck I do a few things. First off I put the scale away for a week or two. I make my husband hide it from me. Second I really evaulate my food journal to see what I am doing and where I can make changes, I make sure I get my water & proteins in everyday those are my main focuses. Work outs I sometimes I will change them up a bit to trick my body.
    So far the workout I feel great after is when I do interval training on my treadmill. I will walk for 2 minutes and run for 1 minute for 30 minutes sometimes more. I feel great afterwards and really feel the burn.
    I too am back and forth with my goal weight. I am at 166 now and technically for my height should be like 120 which seems way to small for me. Ultimately I would like to get between 140-150 and always remain under 150.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have EA Sports Active 2 for the PS3 (it's available for the Wii and Xbox) and I LOVE it! It measures calories burned and when you are in a weight-loss program, the workouts get progressively harder so you are always challenged. When I'm faithful with it and eating right, I lose weight pretty consistently.

    Plus, you can work out at home. I'm such a homebody and having to leave the house sometimes to exercise can be a deterrent. And my ultimate goal weight is when I can jog and don't feel jiggles all over. That will be the day :)

    ReplyDelete

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools