Friday, July 15, 2011

99 bottles of beer on the wall...

Good morning... ok afternoon my blog stalkers.  This post turned out to be a long one.  I didn't expect that!

I went out last night with some awesome girls from my mommy group.  I was a bit nervous going out because I know I enjoy my alcoholic beverages and usually I don't care what I drink as long as I am drinking.  :)  But I really didn't want to screw things up for me and had no clue what to order that would be "low calorie."  We went to a sushi bar (is that was you call them?).  I don't eat sushi so I ordered a little side salad with that yummy ginger dressing!  That was pretty cheap so I had money to spend on drinks!  I had 3 cape cods (I think it was cranberry juice and vodka and lime?  Maybe something else too).  Very small drinks but they were good.  Then we went to another bar and I got a beer.  I was told that Michelob Ultra is low in calorie (it was 95 calories a beer) so I got that.  I'm a light beer drinker so it was ok.  We went to another bar and I had another.  Then we went to another bar... and I had another?  And now I don't know where I'm at or how many I've had.  :)  jk 

I had a fun time and talked with the girls a lot about working out and losing weight and feeling great and what I was going to do when I get to my ultimate goal (which I still am not sure what it will be... I guess I'll just know when I get there).  I will need a personal shopper and hair stylist and oh we have 2 great photographers that will have to take pictures of me when I get to my goal!  :)

I felt so much better about myself going out this time.  I spent 40 minutes doing make up on my eyes (that smokey eyes look).  I felt confident in what I had on (oh that strapless dress I've been wearing).  I know I still have a long way to go to be that skinny girl but at least I didn't feel like the "fat" girl in the group (and I didn't mind my picture being taken either!).  People are noticing that I've lost weight.  They say they can tell in my face.  It has amazed me that my neck is smaller (CRAZY). 

I almost didn't recognize one of my friends!  I hadn't seen her in a very long time and she looked GREAT!  She said she had lost 25 pounds by eating right and working out.  She did tell me that she gives herself one day of splurging and eating more.  I just can't do that yet.  I get that guilty feeling inside me when I eat something I know is unhealthy and bad.  Maybe one day I can do it but not yet... just not ready to splurge. 

After our night was over, we walked back to our cars.  I walked alone back to my car.  Luckily there was a few people up in front of me so I kinda followed them and then walked real quickly to my car.  BUT!  There was this guy walking on the other side of the street that yelled at me and asked me if I wanted to go to Waffle House with him and that he was paying.  Silly drunk people.  I almost did but then I thought (too many calories, BAD BAD BAD)... of course I didn't tell him that (he would have thought I was crazy for sure).  I just giggled and said no thanks have a good night and moved on to my car and drove home.

I took my ibprofen and went to bed.  Woke up today and felt ok.  I was expecting me to have those good beer poops this morning but nothing yet.  I think tequila works better on me than beer.  SORRY TMI!

So that's my night.  I weighed myself this morning to see if I had screwed anything up and I was still at 183 so that's good.

Thanks to all my blog stalking peeps for reading my every word.  :)

Until we meet again...

2 comments:

  1. I hate to read when people drink and drive, I'm glad you made it home. :)

    In regards to drinking & dieting - I've noticed that since I've began this journey, I don't drink much anymore.

    Oh, and Raspberry (or any flavored vodka for that matter..) and water is delicious! Try it out :) It's my drink of choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! AND
    Today I went back and read all your old posts and it got me thinking - How do you like your new blender?

    I need one and that one looks really cool and like it may actually work. (I hate when you get a blender and it always gets air in and and doesn't work). Also, how do you like the protein and vitamins? I think we need a re-cap on those things :P

    ReplyDelete

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools