Monday, July 25, 2011

Crazy children and a little inspiration

Monday... oh how I hate today.  Not that I've done bad eating or anything... I'm just bored, my children are getting on my nerves, and bedtime can't come quick enough!  I swear this child doesn't know how to talk, he just SCREAMS everything.

So here I sit, trying to block the noise out and blog.  But that's hard to do.

Woke up late today and didn't eat breakfast.  I think that made my day a little off.  I've felt off all day!  At least tonight I will get back into my running routine!  Tonight starts week 2 of C25K!  I'm a bit nervous about it.  I could barely do week 1! Now I'm suppose to run for 90 seconds and walk 2 minutes back and forth.  90 seconds seems like a LONG TIME!  But I'll push through it and do it.

How long until bedtime? :O BRB gotta go put a band aide on a finger.  MAN THIS IS LIKE THE LONGEST DAY OF THE YEAR.....

How do you keep a child from constantly SCREAMING?  He's happy but the squealing sound is getting under my skin.  1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10  ok that's a little bit better.

Here's a little inspiration for you today:

I have always said- "you aren't going to lose weight until you are mentally ready." 

Watched Oprah today (rerun of course) and she had 100 guests who had lost 100 pounds or more in the audience.  She talked with a few about what got them started, what motivated them, what touched them deep down to have them change their lives.

She had some guy on (I can't remember... Bob something maybe?) who said, "you have to ask yourself 3 questions."  1.  Why did you gain the weight?  2.  Why do you want to lose the weight?  and 3.  I can't remember the 3rd one.

The 2nd one hit me and made me realize what I have been saying is SO true.  He said, if you are wanting to lose the weight because you have an event coming up... that might get you started but you have to mentally make a change and want to lose the weight for yourself (or something like that).  I can't remember what else he said because I got interrupted by my child screaming (go figure).  But anyway, it clarifies for me my whole philosophy of losing weight.  You will not lose the weight and you will not keep any of the weight you do lose off if you aren't mentally ready to make a change.

My mom called me today to see how I was doing and to see if I was still motivated and hanging in there.  I'm at a point now that I don't need to be motivated anymore.  I'm at a point now that I don't need to "hang in there."  This is a new life for me.  This is a new way of thinking.  I've made a change to be a different person, a healthier person, a happier person.

That's it.  So whenever anyone asks me how I've done it or what "diet" I'm on or how do you stay motivated?  I will tell them that I was mentally ready to lose the weight and change my life.

Don't force yourself to lose weight, when you are in the right mindset and ready for a change, it will happen.  I will offer my advice but I can't help you lose the weight if you aren't ready.

And on that note I've got to go put a child in time out... or to bed early!  Bleh, I'm ready to get back to teaching!

2 comments:

  1. my son just talks to hear himself.....drives me NUTS!!!!......lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is going through the screaming phase now too. Lord have mercy he's gonna give me a heart attack one of these days, you can be quietly doing something and he comes up behinds you and screams to the top of his lungs and scares the beegesus out of you. Not cool at all little man! Plus it's annoying. But gotta love em!
    You do have to be mentally in this or you will fail. I think what's helped me a lot is looking at this as my life, a life style change and not a diet. A diet is equal to failure in my mind and world, a diet is temporary. I am doing this for the rest of my life. That's what I remind myself a lot, even when I have a bad day or mess up and eat something I shouldn't have that I can't give up on myself and gotta keep going, I will make mistakes but I have to pick myself up and keep going, there are no re-do's or re-starts.

    ReplyDelete

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools