Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 2 of Cabbage Soup Diet

Good morning.  Today is day 2 of the cabbage soup diet.  I woke up wide awake this morning.  I wasn't starving but am starting to get a bit hungry.

I weighed myself this morning and what was the results from yesterday's fruit and soup day?

Beginning diet weight: 189.0
After day 1: 186.5
Pounds lost: 2.5
Total weight loss to date: 17.5

WOW!  I wasn't expecting that!  I'm sure all of that weight was from water because I peed A LOT yesterday.  AMAZING though still.

I'm off to drink some tomato juice, eat some carrots and broccoli.

I'll update throughout the day today if I can.

NAP TIME UPDATE:

I have found a cure to the bland soup!  I had some fresh basil (you can get it in a tube at walmart, it's GREAT) and put some in my soup, heated it up, and YUM!  It was actually really good.  I had a bowl for breakfast (yeah that was weird eating soup for breakfast) and it hit the spot.

For lunch I had another bowl with more basil and ate some fresh broccoli and carrots.  I made a little vinaigrette with lemon, basil, spicy mustard, garlic, olive oil, and vinegar.  That was good to dip my veggies in.  I think I'll have a little stir fry later with mixed veggies and the lemon basil sauce I made. 

So overall, this day is going well.  I haven't been going to the bathroom like I did yesterday and I think that is because I haven't been eating fruit.

Looking forward to my next bowl of soup actually.

More to come...

NIGHT TIME UPDATE:

I'm going to go ahead and update for the night because it's 8pm.  I have my potato in the oven (should have done that a while ago but I was out shopping with my little girl).  I ate another bowl of soup for dinner and this time I put fresh ginger and a little teriaki sauce in it and it was pretty darn good too.  I think the key is flavoring each bowl to make it "new" each time.  :)

I haven't pooped today (sorry once again TMI) but I am sure all the pooing I did yesterday cleaned me out completely.  :)  I think once I add fruit back in tomorrow, I'll have progress again in that area.

I weighed myself a few minutes ago and it was 186.5, same as what I was when I got up (and I did have clothes on). 

I feel like I haven't been drinking as much as I should today so I'm going to force a few glasses of water down before I go to bed (and I'm sure I'll have to get up a few times during the night).

I have really enjoyed this day.  I think I really like veggies.  I have been craving some meat though.  I got my little girl Chick Fil a on the way home and really wanted to take a bite of her chicken but I resisted.  I mean, this diet is only for a week anyway. 

Speaking of which.  Depending on how the rest of the week goes, I may do this again later in the month.  They say to go a couple of weeks off and then you can do it again. 

I think that's all I have for day 2.

Tomorrow is day 3- fruits and veggies and soup.  :)  Wonder how I can flavor my soup tomorrow?

OH YAY!  My potato is ready!  YUM YUM!

2 comments:

  1. Fine teacher Leah: Thanks for the Cabbage Soup Diet Menu. I'm offering 7 Day Cabbage Soup Diet Menu.

    ReplyDelete

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools