Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 5 of Cabbage Soup Diet

Oh happy protein day!  Today is day 5 of the cabbage soup diet.  That means I get to have up to 20oz of beef and 6 tomatoes and soup at least once.

I went to lunch with the hubby and had a hamburger without the bun and no cheese (just had grilled mushrooms, onions, and peppers on it).  It was SO GOOD!  That's all I ate and I was stuffed!  If I get hungry in a couple of hours, I'll eat a bowl of soup.

I plan to take my little girl on a walk this evening and then grill me up a steak on the good old George Foreman.  :)  I'm baking potatoes for the hubby but I'll just have the steak.  I'm going to rub some fresh basil on top and slice up a tomato and put it on top of the steak.  YUM!

I took my little boy over to my mom's house to swim and spend a couple of days with her.  After we went swimming I went to change and weighed myself on her scale (I hadn't done that at my house today).

Drum roll please..................................

185.2 on her scale.

So that's a total of about 4 pounds lost this week.  I'm sure it will go up and down but still exciting.  1 more pound down and I'll hit the 20 pounds lost mark!!!  SO VERY EXCITING.  It seems like forever ago that I was just excited to see a good 5 pounds lost.  :)  I'm hoping that with the next couple of pounds I lose that my pants will fit a lot looser and maybe I'll even go down a size (currently at a 16-18).

I went outside to tan my white fat earlier and couldn't stay out there more than 30 minutes!  It is so stinkin hot outside today.

I'm going to take a nap while I can and then get up and do something with my little girl.  How exciting to get to spend quality time just me and her for a couple of days.  :)

I'll update later tonight so stay tuned...

NIGHT TIME UPDATE:

Well today has been a good day.  I went to lunch with the hubby and then cooked steak (on the stove and then in the oven) for dinner.  I couldn't eat but 1/2 of my steak.  I put a few slices of tomato on top and a little basil.  That's all I've had.  I didn't eat any soup today.  I'm fine with that.  I'll force some down tomorrow.  I just didn't feel hungry at all after having that hamburger today.  I wasn't even hungry at dinner time but I cooked it and I ate it.

I'm feeling good about my weight loss.  I'm ready for this "diet" to be over.  It seems like this is taking longer than 1 week. 

I weighed myself at home tonight and it was 188, so not bad for it being night time.

I went to the mall today and got a little excited inside knowing that pretty soon (after at least another 20 pounds) I'll be shopping for clothes in all the "normal" clothing stores with no problems.  I told my husband that we are going to be broke because when I lose this weight I want to start looking girly again.  It has been a VERY long time since I've worn girly girly clothes and been "fashionable."  I'm looking forward to the high heels (I'm sure I'll be able to hold myself up when I'm skinnier), cute tops, fun pants, dresses, cute little belts, etc... I just hope I can pick out clothes.  I'll probably have to have a couple of friends take me shopping (I think I may need to keep that 500 dollar check I have on the fridge so I don't spend it before then).  It just made me excited walking through the mall (usually I get depressed but not this time cause I know I'm actually doing something and am working towards finding that skinny girl).  I'm a work in progress and that makes me happy. :)

So anyway, I'm off to bed.  Not sure what the day will hold tomorrow but I'm looking forward to it. 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, sounds like your diet is really getting things moving! I don't know if I could handle the cabbage soup diet, but I do love me some steak. ;) My favorite things to eat lately have been shrimp, and chicken or steak wraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress. How exciting to start thinking about the shopping. I have a closet full of "skinnier" clothes from before I got pregnant. I had just lost a ton of weight before my husbands 20 year high school reunion and bought a bunch of outfit at Macy's. Now they sit collecting dust. Cant wait to get them back on. I figure I am about 60 pounds away. 40 by 40 is my goal though. 40 pounds by my 40th birthday, in 3 months. Eeesh!

    ReplyDelete

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools