Friday, July 15, 2011

From Couch to 5K- Day 1

WOW!  I did it!  I ran for a total of 8 minutes tonight!  I downloaded the podcast for "couch to 5K" on my ipod and started training today.  I didn't know if I was going to be able to run the full 60 seconds but I did!  I pushed myself and did it.  What a great feeling.  I know it wasn't a fast run, more like a slow jog but at least it was more than walking and not bad for my first time.

I did ride my bike to "warm up" for about 30 minutes and I think that helped.  I really enjoyed it.  I knew that the lady on the podcast is gonna come back on and tell me when to stop and when to start and that helped me push myself further than I thought I could go.  :)  I have a feeling that I'll do even better the next time.

When I got back I sat down to rest and looked down to see...

I know, silly, but I'm proud to know that my SPANDEX workout outfit is getting smaller (or it's just stretched out).  :P

2 comments:

  1. I just did C25K W1D1 yesterday myself. Amazing what we can do when we set our minds to it!

    Congrats on the wrinkles! (Never thought I would say that... :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job for running! It feels good to run doesn't? I never ran in my life until this journey and now I secretly love doing it!

    ReplyDelete

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools