Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Have I found the secret to weight loss?

I started taking supplements and drinking protein shakes in the morning and I really think I've found some secret to weight loss.  Maybe not but for some reason I just feel like the pounds just keep falling off.  When I stopped the cabbage soup diet on the 7th and weighed in on the 8th I was 184.  This morning I got up and I was 182.  So that's 2 more pounds in 4 days. 

I take the supplements in the morning and drink a protein shake that has about 30 grams of protein.  I feel full of energy (except when I think about cleaning), not hungry throughout the day, and happy.

Maybe it is because I've started riding my bike?  Maybe it is because I'm eating more protein? Maybe it's a fluke?

Whatever it is, I feel great about my weight loss this past couple of weeks.

On the July 1st I weighed 189.  Today I weigh 182.  That's 7 pounds in less than 2 weeks!

I can't believe that pretty soon I'll be in the 70's!!!!  I feel like it was yesterday that I was hoping for the 80's real big!  Now I'm running through the 80's so fast!  At this rate I will meet my goal to be 170 on August 5th!

Let's see... I also wanted to post about what I HAVEN'T done since starting my weight loss journey:
1.  I haven't had a Dr. Pepper since before May (I was having 1 a day!)
2.  I haven't eaten more than 2400 calories a day
3.  I haven't gained any weight back (other than bloating and not going down the scale)
4.  I haven't had a salad with RANCH, bacon, cheese, eggs, croutons (basically I haven't had a good BAD salad) 
5.  I haven't eaten fast food (well ok I had Taco Bell once)
6.  I haven't had a burger with a bun or cheese (and I don't miss it)
7.  I haven't felt like giving up

What I have done
1.  I have lost 22 pounds
2.  I have changed my eating habbits
3.  I have stopped my addiction to food
4.  I've drank a TON of water
5.  I have blogged about my experience honestly
6.  I have developed a happy self esteem
7.  I have seen myself as a work in progress
8.  I have given into cravings and moved on
9.  I've tracked my calories EVERY DAY!
10. I have learned how to ride a bike
11.  I have learned how to run (not good at it but I tried)
12.  I have learned how to have patience about weight loss
13. I have worked out at least 3 times a week (most of the weeks probably about 5 days a week)
14.  I have inspired others


I'm sure there are other things but I just can't think of any more right now.  :)  I can't belive myself!  I can't believe that I am really changing and losing all this weight!  I have tried in the past but every time I do I fail.

Dr. Oz was saying the other day that people who make their weight loss public and let people know that they are losing weight will lose 20% more than people who don't tell anyone.  Isn't that the truth!  I feel like I couldn't have done it if I was doing it all by myself.  I feel like there are so many people out here watching, listening, and supporting me that how can I fail?  I have such an AMAZING support group that I've never had before.  I am proud of myself.  This is the first time in a very long.. maybe EVER, that I've been PROUD of what I've accomplished.  And it's only just begun.  I look forward to losing more weight and becoming an even happier, healthy person.

4 comments:

  1. I work next door to 30 Rock where Dr. Oz films. In season, they start again in August, I see him daily. Honest, concerned, and a great guy. By the way, your plan works because you are following it to the letter, and getting to a goal. Awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great uplifting post! Congrats on making your goals and on the weight loss. You are doing fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Protein is a big deal in helping you lost weight, never knew that before but it plays a huge role, also drinking lots of water too! Your doing an amazing job keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juicy breasts... Did you write that ? OMG, thanks, I will remember that later, alone.. Grilling of course..

    ReplyDelete

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools