I started taking supplements and drinking protein shakes in the morning and I really think I've found some secret to weight loss. Maybe not but for some reason I just feel like the pounds just keep falling off. When I stopped the cabbage soup diet on the 7th and weighed in on the 8th I was 184. This morning I got up and I was 182. So that's 2 more pounds in 4 days.
I take the supplements in the morning and drink a protein shake that has about 30 grams of protein. I feel full of energy (except when I think about cleaning), not hungry throughout the day, and happy.
Maybe it is because I've started riding my bike? Maybe it is because I'm eating more protein? Maybe it's a fluke?
Whatever it is, I feel great about my weight loss this past couple of weeks.
On the July 1st I weighed 189. Today I weigh 182. That's 7 pounds in less than 2 weeks!
I can't believe that pretty soon I'll be in the 70's!!!! I feel like it was yesterday that I was hoping for the 80's real big! Now I'm running through the 80's so fast! At this rate I will meet my goal to be 170 on August 5th!
Let's see... I also wanted to post about what I HAVEN'T done since starting my weight loss journey:
1. I haven't had a Dr. Pepper since before May (I was having 1 a day!)
2. I haven't eaten more than 2400 calories a day
3. I haven't gained any weight back (other than bloating and not going down the scale)
4. I haven't had a salad with RANCH, bacon, cheese, eggs, croutons (basically I haven't had a good BAD salad)
5. I haven't eaten fast food (well ok I had Taco Bell once)
6. I haven't had a burger with a bun or cheese (and I don't miss it)
7. I haven't felt like giving up
What I have done
1. I have lost 22 pounds
2. I have changed my eating habbits
3. I have stopped my addiction to food
4. I've drank a TON of water
5. I have blogged about my experience honestly
6. I have developed a happy self esteem
7. I have seen myself as a work in progress
8. I have given into cravings and moved on
9. I've tracked my calories EVERY DAY!
10. I have learned how to ride a bike
11. I have learned how to run (not good at it but I tried)
12. I have learned how to have patience about weight loss
13. I have worked out at least 3 times a week (most of the weeks probably about 5 days a week)
14. I have inspired others
I'm sure there are other things but I just can't think of any more right now. :) I can't belive myself! I can't believe that I am really changing and losing all this weight! I have tried in the past but every time I do I fail.
Dr. Oz was saying the other day that people who make their weight loss public and let people know that they are losing weight will lose 20% more than people who don't tell anyone. Isn't that the truth! I feel like I couldn't have done it if I was doing it all by myself. I feel like there are so many people out here watching, listening, and supporting me that how can I fail? I have such an AMAZING support group that I've never had before. I am proud of myself. This is the first time in a very long.. maybe EVER, that I've been PROUD of what I've accomplished. And it's only just begun. I look forward to losing more weight and becoming an even happier, healthy person.