Monday, July 11, 2011

A whole new world...

I woke up this morning ready to tackle the day... ok I lie.  I woke up to my little boy in my face asking me for milk and cereal.  I tried to tell him it was too early (7:30am) and to go back to bed... that didn't work so I had to get up.

I got the kids ready and took them to daycare so I could spend the good day cleaning and making this house sparkle.  Well it isn't sparkling yet but I have made some progress.

I got back home, had my protein shake and took my vitamins (which I sweat when I try to take them because they are HUGE!).  I decided that my butt was healed enough to get on my bike and try it out.  I figured, I'll just go around the block once and then come home and clean.

I set out and it was like I entered a whole new world.  This world is a magical world full of wind and excitement.  I just know people were saying, "why the heck is she smiling?" when they passed me in their cars.  I was smiling!  It was F+U+N!  Never thought I'd say that ever about working out. 

I LOVE riding a bike.  I never thought I'd get back on a bike.  NEVER!  I tried a few years ago and couldn't do it (because I was fat and out of shape and had no leg muscles what so ever).

I went for about 30-45 minutes (forgot to see what time it was when I left).  Then came home and watched Dr. Oz (love him).

So now I sit with a partially clean house, laundry to be done, dishes to clean, and all I want to do is get back on my bike and ride far far away (even if it is crazy hot outside). 

Why am I so motivated to work out, eat right, and lose weight?  Why can't I be this motivated to clean the darn house?  I hate cleaning, I've always hated cleaning.  My body starts getting sleepy every time I try to get up and clean.

And on that note... I guess it's time to get up and finish... or try to finish cleaning for the day before getting the kids from daycare.


3 comments:

  1. I have a bike in the garage that I need to dig out and give a whirl. My father was a cyclist. He rode his bike through Death Valley for his 70th birthday! I think I don't ride as a way of rebelling. Maybe it's time to give it another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, I LOVE your blog! It is so inspiring! I'm a little sad that I can't even remember the last time I rode a bike. I just started a low-carb diet today to prepare for a much-needed vacation in September. I'm rooting for you! You look fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to read your bike story. I remember those days, the wind blowing through your hair, such a feeling of freedom. I imagine its how a bird feels to spread its wings and fly. Which I used to do on my bike. I would spread my arms, close my eyes and tilt my head back.... Oh those were the days.

    ReplyDelete

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools