Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Yes, 3rd blog post of the day... (Measurements)

I've got a lot of my mind today and want to share.  I WILL put the scale far far away tonight (I can't do it, gotta have the hubby do it so I won't find it).  It is making me sad.  I have a feeling that since my time of the month friend came to visit me almost a week late last month, that maybe she's coming early this month, which could explain why I'm up on the scale.  So, I'll put the darn thing away until August 1st.!!!  That's a LONG way away!!!!  I sure hope I can do it.

I'm going to get out and go to the store (I hate going with children) tonight when the hubby gets home and get myself a measuring tape... or maybe I'll search around the house, I have a feeling I have one somewhere.... FOUND IT!  SCORE!

Ok so here we go with my measurements:

Waist (around my belly button): 40"
Hips (Around my butt): 45 1/2
Chest (around my chest with my shirt on): 42"
Neck: 14.5"
Leg: 26.5"
(wish I had beginning measurements to compare)

I'm not sure if I measured correctly or not but I guess if I'm consistent then I should see loss, right?  :)  I'll do more of an official measurement tomorrow morning when I don't have so much in my tummy.  Or maybe I'll just go with it.

I've done pretty good today:
Breakfast: protein shake
Lunch: Salad- mandarin oranges (not good), grilled chicken, spinach and arugula, almonds, and Newman's own Sesame Ginger dressing.
Snack: A few bites of my little one's popcorn (kettle corn smart pop)
For Dinner I plan to eat something light that will keep me under my calorie goal for the day.

I've been drinking a ton of water and going to the bathroom every hour just about.

Speaking of which, I guess it's time to get off of here and go fill up my water bottle.  :)

I will lose this weight and I will feel great.  I know it's going to take time and I will try my hardest not to get discouraged.

I will add here that it amazes me how many people have been touched by my blog.  When I started, I was doing this for me to have something to hold me accountable for.  I started just as a way to record my progress.  I had NO IDEA what impact it would make on the lives of the people around me.  I have inspired others to get their butt off the couch and do something.  I have inspired others to join me in the weight loss journey.  I have motivated people to get back to a healthier lifestyle.  I have inspired others to come with me and to share their feelings with me about their weight loss.  It is amazing to me that I have people sending me messages, calling me, texting me with WEIGHT LOSS ADVICE!  I wouldn't have dreamed that in a million years that people would see me as someone who is knowledgeable about weight loss or health.  Not that I'm knowledgeable but at least people see me as someone who knows a little about it.  I am not a doctor nor do I claim to know a lot about the best route for weight loss.  Lord knows I haven't always taken the right route. People coming to me, talking to me, and asking me for advice just pumps me up more to lose this weight.  I know it's a process and that it won't happen overnight.  Just know that it needs to be more mental than physical.  If your brain isn't "in it to win it" you aren't going to lose the weight....

Anyway, I'm off to drink water and think about what work out I want to do tonight.  Happy blogging.  Until we meet again...

3 comments:

  1. Leah, when I started reading your blog I started working out every day! I had been thinking about committing, and that gave me the extra push to know that other people are doing it and so can I! You are inspiring people. Rock on :)

    I lost a tad bit of weight then Aunt Flo came and ruined it all. Darn you, Aunt Flo. Hoping that when she goes away I can "deflate" a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, if you are feeling stuck, then maybe you should try upping your calories for 3-4 days and then go lower one day and then up again for a few days. Try some zig zagging and see if that helps. Remember, you NEED to eat back your exercise calories. There will always be times when you get stuck a bit. I've had several myself in the past 7 months. Just stick with it and you will get past it, I promise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, listen to Alexis.. Eat more and lose weight... Awesome... How about do what is working for Leah and be patient. The weight will come off. Eating more is silly. Patience Grasshopper, this takes time and effort..

    ReplyDelete

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools