Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Motivation... where did you go?

I'm lost.  I've lost my desire and my motivation to lose this weight.  :/  Maybe it's the stress of starting back to work?  Maybe I'm stuck in a funk?  Maybe it's the weather?  Whatever it is is causing me to just want to forget losing weight and go back to my old ways. 

I don't want to go back to my old ways!  I want to have that burning desire to lose this weight... I just can't seem to find it. 

I think part of it could be that I'm not counting calories?  I haven't done that since Thursday.  I need to get back to doing that!

I am not yet at my goal and can't seem to see myself any further along.  I haven't lost any pounds in a while and it's quite frusterating!  I seem to be stuck and I know it's my fault.  I haven't worked out to the best of my ability, I haven't eaten to the best of my ability.  I am just not where I need to be.

What is it going to take to get me there?  Another round of cabbage soup to jump start me back?  No! 

I'm just going to have to dig deep and get my act together.  I'm sure you are sick of hearing that!  But somewhere deep inside me is that skinny girl who wants to come out.  I found her for a good 11 weeks but she is disapearing and I can't seem to find that girl.

It's not like the fat girl is taking over... but I guess she is if I'm not working out, not counting calories, and not losing weight.

Oh well, I start back to work tomorrow.  Maybe that will help me get out of my funk.  I'll be surrounded by people who are constantly supporting me in this journey and I'll be starting a group of people who are wanting to lose some weight and get healthy too.

I've got a good 40 pounds more to lose.  That's all.  I can do it.  I want to do it.  I'm just not doing it right now.  I'm frustrated with myself! 


.......

5 comments:

  1. Why should it be frustrating not to lose weight when you aren't doing what is necessary to lose weight? You are going on and on about what might be the reason(s) for not losing weight when you already know what the reasons are. If you don't really want to do what's necessary to lose weight then don't. Quit putting yourself through something that you don't really want to do. It's OK to be fat. Many people are. You need to decide what you want and if you are willing to do what's necessary to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came by to say that I hope you recover quickly from this loss of motivation. My Weight Watcher meeting today was about learning to recover quickly when we get off track. It is something I'm still working on but it is definitely important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everybody goes through changes in motivation, and I hope you can get right to it! I always say, "If something isn't working, change it." Counting calories (or points, whatever) REALLY makes all the difference for me.

    Where do you see yourself next year? Wouldn't it be awesome to be at your goal weight by next summer? Come on, girl, you sure as hell motivate me (reading your blog jump started my journey). I *know* you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allan has chosen to highlight my comment to you earlier. I did not intend to hurt your feelings or insult you in any way and I hope that you did not take it that way. He used the word "snarkey" so I figured perhaps my words were a little too strong. I wish you all the best of success. We all have to find our way and even though it is difficult at times, we need to help each other see what we need to work on. I would hope you would do the same for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no problems. I enjoy reading what everyone has to say. I didn't find it snarky. :) No feelings were hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools