Friday, August 5, 2011

Weight loss and Aunt Flow...

Now that I have your attention.  I'm a bit nervous.  I thought my monthly visitor had come a few days ago (spotting) but then she decided to disapear.  Today is cycle day 34.  That's the latest it's been in a while!  Last month she was late getting here (31 days).  I figure it is because I'm losing weight and eating differently?  I'm just a little freaked out.  I am going to the doctor today to get myself on birth control and hopefully that will regulate things.  I just want normal cycles, and to not get pregnant!  :O

So, for my girl blog stalkers out there, is your period affected by losing weight? 

In other news, I seem to be stuck on the scale at 180-181.  :/  I'm guessing it's because my monthly friend can't decide if she wants to unpack of not.  Gee.  I just wish she would hurry up and get here so I can stop freaking out about it and start seeing some movement on the scale too.

I'm a bit excited to go to the doctor this morning because the last time I went I was 20 pounds heavier, if not more.  I'm interested to see just how much I weighed the last time I was there.  :)

Today is my friends wedding.  My goal was to get to 170 by then... didn't make it.  I've been stuck for the past few weeks at 181.  :/  BUT!  I feel like a big muscle rock!  And I'm down a few sizes so I'm fine with what the scale says for now... I just want it to move some more.

Also, I've been up to the school a few times to start getting my classroom ready.  1.  I can move the furniture without passing out.  2.  I've had a few people mention how good I look.  I guess I've gotten use to the way I look and it surprises me every time someone says something.  Are they just being nice because they have read my blog and know I'm losing weight?  Or do they really see a difference? 

I'm excited to start back to school also because I'm going to start this "challenge" to "get fit or quit" (hmm gotta come up with a fun name) thingy where we all are weighed (whoever wants to do it) and each month (or maybe 2 times a month) we are weighed in again and I'll add up the pounds lost for the group.  I think we'll do it by whole group and not individuals.  Or maybe we'll split up into 2 teams for a little competition.  I gotta get this a little more planned out.

And anyway, I'm going to start an after school walk/run/bike/zumba group as well.  We are going to push each other to get back to our healthier self.  I know how good I feel now that I'm healthier and I want to get everyone else feeling that way too.  :)

Ok time to get my shoes on and go to the doctor.

Oh and did I mention that I walk/ran for an hour last night?  I was so proud of myself!  I think at one point I ran straight for over 2 minutes!  That's a long time for me!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Leah you're insane. If you didn't learn any lessons from me then it's your own damn fault!! :)

    Now I will read past the first paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cycle seems to be affected if the wind blows the wrong way. 21-32 days. Good luck on that one. hehe

    Your plan for a weight loss group looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an IUD and it's wonderful. I NEVER get a period anymore and am proteted 99.9% against pregnancy. Very little hormones (I have Mirena) because they are placed where they need to work. I would suggest that if you are for sure for sure done having kids (or dont want anymore for a few years) to look into the IUD. I wouldn't go back to another kind of birth control :D

    ReplyDelete

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools