Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hoarding?

NO!  I am not a hoarder... am I?

Today I cleaned... got a TON done (thanks to my mom for coming over to help) but there is still plenty more to do.  Basically in the hours I worked today we managed to get my bedroom looking more like a bedroom (still have cluttered bookshelves filled to the max), bathroom clean (still need to clean out the drawers and cabinets), the kitchen (still need to organize stuff and get rid of stuff I don't use), and loads of laundry done.

I feel like we put a big dent in this house but there is so much clutter and crap!

I wash SHOCKED and embarrassed for my mom to come in and pick up trash and crap just basically everywhere you look.  I think we took out over 10 bags of trash just out of our bedroom and bathroom.  YUCK!

At what point do you consider this hoarding?  I don't have a problem throwing it away... eventually I get to it.  I think what happens is I give myself every excuse in the book and tell myself that I can do it tomorrow but when tomorrow comes I say the same thing and then over and over until finally I can't live in the house anymore and something has to be done.  Why do I do this?  Why not just think about each day as special and getting things done and clean?  Why is it always "tomorrow?"

I feel like that's how I became fat too.  "Oh, tomorrow I'll eat better.  Tomorrow I'll work out.  I'm too tired today, I'll do better tomorrow.  Tomorrow, TOMORROW, TOMORROW!"  Ugh.
I need to stop living in the future and live in the NOW.

TODAY I'LL EAT BETTER!
TODAY I'LL WORK OUT!
I'M TIRED TODAY BUT I CAN DO IT!
I'LL LOSE WEIGHT TODAY!
I'LL CLEAN TODAY!
I'LL LIVE NOW... TODAY...

I have no system for organization of any kind.  Ok, the silverware has a place and so do the pots and pans and plates and glasses... but really?  My mom was asking me, "Where does this go?" all day long and all I could say was "I don't know."

Everything should have a place.

Children's clothes don't have a place because I have been unable to sort through the old ("I'll do it tomorrow, right") and make room for the clothes that do fit.  There is no way I can keep doing what I'm doing when I have another child!

There is just so much crap to sort through, not enough room in this house, and not enough time in the day to get it all done.

So I'm trying.  I'm really going to try to get myself, my life, my family, organized and KEEP IT UP!

No more, I'll get it done tomorrow, but now, what can I do today?  What will I do today?  What have you done TODAY?

(now for the song for you to come forward and repent, I feel like I'm preaching or something).

Anyway, my goal for the next few weeks, months, years, is to live in the NOW and not in the future.  Live today, not tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Cleaning and organizing gives me hives :) I need to do it as well. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tagged you in my blog!

    http://fatsosarah.blogspot.com/2012/01/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love organizing! To bad we didn't live closer (said in a non creepy, non stalker way); I would totally be on board with helping you out :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I read your blogs on a regular basis. Your writing style is awesome, keep doing what you're doing!

    http://dwdavies.net/groups/imgmgmt/wiki/bd2a3/penis_enlargement_both_before_and_after.html

    http://marcoemarco.altervista.org/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/topic.php?id=7030&replies=1#post-7473

    ReplyDelete

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools