Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Hunger Games and a Harmonica...

Jan 3rd was my last blog post?  Where does the time go? 

I hope to update out here at least once a week!  :O

I haven't done all that great in the past couple of weeks.   I haven't worked out, haven't watched what I eat, haven't done CRAP! 

Well, I guess I can count keeping my bedroom and bathroom and kitchen clean (for the most part) is doing something.  I need to get up in a few minutes and work on cleaning a bit before the week starts and things pile up on me.  Maybe put on some ABBA or Michael Jackson for a little motivation.

I know what has caused me to lose focus just a bit!  I started reading THE HUNGER GAMES!  I had no idea what I was getting into.  The last series of books I've read was the Twilight books... so it's been a while.  I tend to obsess when I read and for some reason I feel like I can't put the darn book (or my ipad) down to do other things I should be doing?  I read the first book in 2 days, the second one took me a week (off and on) and now I'm halfway through the 3rd and final book in the series.  I won't say I loved the books but I can say that if I don't put a book down, it must be good.  I say that about movies too.  If I don't fall asleep through a movie, it must be good.

Oh and man I can't wait for the movie!  Comes out the day after my birthday!  

What shall I read next?  I don't want to get into a series that has like 14 different books.  I don't think I'd ever get anything done again! 

I tried the Janet Evonavich books.  Read 1/2 through the first book.

Maybe another vampire book?  But who can compare to Edward?

Speaking of Edward.  I'm trying to come up with a name for this 3rd child of mine.  I'm at a loss.  There are NO names that hit me as an option right now.  I will admit that I haven't done much into looking for a name but the ones people suggest, I just don't feel. 

I'm in my 3rd and final trimester and am starting to ache and feel like CRAP again.  My back pain is terrible! 

Anyway, I don't feel like complaining and I have a crazy 4 year old blowing his harmonica in my ear!  Why the heck I thought a harmonica was a good idea is beyond me!  Ugh.

Until we meet again, I'm off to chase my child around the house and confiscate his harmonica!

2 comments:

  1. The girl with the dragon tattoo, the girl who
    Played with fire, the girl who kicked the hornets nest...its a series...I LOVED the 2nd n 3rd books. The 1st was good, but my mom and others I have talked to who also have read it say it was hard to get into.
    So eone just told me about The Hunger Games...I may just look into it.
    I am also one who CANT put a book down IF its good...all the of the ones i mentioned were like that. Read them ALL over Christmas break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy mentioned a good vamp series. Vampire Academy I think.

    ReplyDelete

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools