Thursday, July 19, 2012

Coffee grinds, stretch marks, and a slip in slide!

So I watched Dr. Oz yesterday and he was talking about ways to get rid of cellulite.  This reminded me of something my friend had pinned about stretch marks and making your own stretch mark stuff.

So I got the bright idea to make my own.  I saw somewhere online about using coffee grinds and olive oil to make a paste.  So I got out some Vanilla coffee I had that we weren't going to use and some olive oil and put it in a jar and mixed it up.  It smells yummy...

Then I got in the shower and started scrubbing myself with the paste.  First thing I noticed is how messy this was going to be.  Then I started noticing how I was sliding around in the shower!  UH OH!  Darn it, I shouldn't have used olive oil, maybe just water with the coffee (next time I'll do that).  The shower was now covered (and my body) with coffee grinds and olive oil that wouldn't wash away like I have envisioned it happening.

I let it soak in as good as I could (great exfoliater and moisturizer) and had to cut that short because all 3 children wanted my attention (of course).  I attempted to wash this off (I now have a bar of soap that looks like vanilla bean ice cream) and had to clean the shower (which needed to be clean anyway) fast!

So my thoughts on the coffee olive oil cellulite or stretch mark paste?- will do it again in a few days because my skin feels exfoliated and smooth. (might leave out the olive oil next time!)

Now to deal with the 2 year old who decided to take her diaper off!!!!  and scream about it!  Can we say NAP TIME!

Until we meet again... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools