Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 3 of the cabbage soup diet (round 2) and other thoughts

So today starts day 3 of the cabbage soup diet.  I ended yesterday well.  I had dinner and then I didn't snack at all before going to bed.

I weighed in this morning at 214.5.  A loss of 4 pounds so far!  :)

For dinner I had a bowl of soup followed by a side salad with lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, green onion, a bit of purple onion, and a light Newman's Own asian dressing (very tasty for only 35 calories).  I had a baked potato with a little country crock and Mrs. Dash.  I was super full after all of that.  I drank more water yesterday and had lemon in my water.

So I stayed at about 1000 calories and felt fine.  So far, no problems with the baby nursing or my milk supply.

Yesterday's goal was to do some kind of exercise.  At 9:00pm I had not completed my goal yet.  I couldn't get the bike in the house, so I put on my shoes, got my ipod and went for a WALK!  I think I left at maybe 9:30 and got done at 10:13.

The first time around the block was easy and I even ran a little (well what I think is running may be more like dragging my feet and flopping up and down).  The second time around the block was a little harder.  Then by round 3 I was ready to give up... but then a song came on... don't feel like saying which Prince song it was... and I got my mojo back and kept walking.  I went around for the 4th time and saw that I had only taken 3700 steps.  So I kept going again for the 5th time around.  I ended up stopping after that and I had taken almost 5000 steps.  Good enough for my first time back out.  I wanted to be able to do it again the next day, so I went inside.

I felt so good (and so sweaty) about walking.  It brought back so many happy thoughts.  Some of the songs reminded me of when I was on my last journey.  I am looking forward to going again tonight!!!  I wish I could go during the day but I'm not about to take 3 kids with me.  I'm going to have to get out there earlier tonight because I couldn't sleep at all last night.  My body was too awake and I tossed and turned!

So I'm glad I set a goal yesterday and I'm glad I blogged about it because I knew I would have to come back out here and update this and I sure didn't want to have to say I DIDN'T reach my goal.

So set yourself a goal today.  Today my goal is 2 parts.  1.  Drink 6-8 glasses or more of water!  2.  Walk for 1 hour!

Until next time...

Oh and the cabbage soup- is making me a bit gassy!  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools