Friday, July 27, 2012

Not loosing...

Well I'm a bit frustrated this morning.  I got on the scale and saw 212 today (was 213 and then I checked again and it said 212).  Ugh. I'm not losing.  It makes me so mad when I've done my walking every night and have no results.  Is it because I had those dorittos the other day?  Is it because I had too much sodium the other day?  Whatever it is is making me mad.

Why is it that on days I start the day off right by having my protein shake, that I'm hungry all day?  Then on days that I don't have my protein shake or anything for breakfast I can go until late afternoon and not feel hungry?

I know I need to start the day off right but it sure does feel better to know I've had less calories when I don't have breakfast.  :/

I asked my father-in-law last night about that and he said it's because your metabolism is up and running when you have breakfast and burns off those calories a lot faster than if you skip breakfast.  That sounds about right, is it?

I went for my walk last night and walked for only 45 minutes.  My thoughts were to come in and finish up on my bike... but that didn't happen.  :/

I'm motivated, I'm ready to lose this weight but it seems like there's something deep down inside me that is holding me back. 

Maybe it's because I'm nursing a baby?  Speaking of which... he's screaming for me...

I'm not sure what it is.  But I feel like I'm not going to make huge progress until I get to the bottom of the problem.

Here's a little story and then I'm going to go take a bath. 

We'll title it: The Person Beside me

So I was walking the other night and looked over to see this person beside me and I about jumped out of my skin.  This person was about as big as me, taller, and wearing all black.  I freaked out when I saw this person and then laughed when I realized who it was.  The person beside me was my darn shadow!  Ugh it scared me to death.  Then I got to thinking that the person beside me has been with me every step of the way.  She's there when I hold my head up high and walk my butt off.  She's there when I'm all out of breath and can't take one more step.  :)  I look forward to finding my skinny shadow.

Maybe I'm just all clogged up and that's why I don't see much change on the scale.

But then I really need to look at things.  I started on the 16th weighing in at 218.5.  In less than 2 weeks I have lost around 5.5-6.5 pounds.  That's something to be proud of. 

GOALS!

I was playing around with one of my weight loss tracker apps last night and put in my ultimate goal of 145 pounds.  I put in "aggressive" as far as reaching that goal and it gave me the date "March 21, 2013" as my end date.  That's one day before my birthday.  If I really put my mind to it and get with it I can lose 68 pounds by my birthday and reach my ultimate goal. 

So I've never really set a big ultimate goal before but along with my little goals like getting under 200 and then the 90's and 80's etc... my main goal is finally set and realized.  I have 68 pounds to lose (or 67 if I go with what I weighed in today).  I can do it, I will do it, I'm ready to do it!

How much do you have to lose?  How long are you giving yourself to reach that goal?

OOPS!  I turned the shower on...

until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools