Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Your comments keep me going...

Good day today.  I worked out and ate good.

Today we had a yummy lunch provided by our parents who come to school to learn English and learn how to help their children in school.  It was FANTASTIC!  To think that the school I teach in is a high poverty school and these parents spent their own money and time to feed us in appreciation was beyond amazing.  I love these children and their parents and it means so much to me.  This is why I do what I do.  I love teaching (not always, there are tough days) and I love seeing the spark in the little kiddos eyes when it finally clicks.  Anyway, these parents are amazing!

So this was my lunch today (yummy chicken and peppers, rice, salad, and fresh fruit)
It was hard to keep myself from going back for more but I didn't.  The salsa was so spicy and fresh and good.  :)

So, today was a success in eating.  For snack tonight I'm going to have me a personal watermelon!  I had to wait until the children went to bed because I AIN'T SHARING!  :P

After school I put on my workout gear and went to a technology meeting and then worked out with some teachers.  Man, they are doing great.  I had to stop quite a lot (because it was the same crazy workout we did yesterday and I was sore!!!) and they just kept trucking along.  WAY TO GO!

It keeps me motivated to have other people around me motivated to lose weight and get in shape.  :)

What also keeps me going is having other people comment on my progress.  I feel quite shy when people make comments.  I feel like I need to point out my faults because honey, there are a lot!  I am making progress and it is exciting and I know it's not going to happen overnight.

To realize that others are seeing a difference and are excited for me... keeps me trucking along and I guess, it holds me accountable.

You can't do it by yourself.  It's hard to lose weight alone because who's there to stop that fat girl from eating that cookie or brownie or box of donuts?  I mean, you could try to do it on your own but it sure does make things a whole lot easier when you have support around you.

It makes me happy when my husband notices (and comnents) on the difference and is proud of me.  Today he told me he could wrap his arms around me more when he hugged me goodbye before work.  :)

It makes me feel successful when I have other people tell me that they can see a difference.  Today I was getting the kids from daycare and one of the teachers there was saying how she could really tell and was a bit jealous about it!  :)  We talked for a while.  She just kept asking me what I was doing and how much I had lost and how she wanted to lose weight.

It helps that my father-in-law is also trying to lose weight and it helps that we help each other plug in our calories, talk about exercising, and even talk about poop.... which I could go into further but I'll spare you the details.  :)  It's nice to have such an open relationship!  HA!

So, my point for today is to get yourself a support group.  Tell at least 5 people that you are losing weight and have them cheer you on or join you.  :D

So many people are asking me, "what are you doing?"  "are you eating?"

What am I doing?  Counting calories, no sugary drinks, no fried foods, not a lot of dairy, I don't eat a lot of deserts unless I'm craving something (everything in serious moderation!), logging everything in on my fitness pal, and working out as much as I can.   

NO fad diet pills,  NO silly diets

Am I eating?  Yes

Here's a typical day:

Breakfast: Protein shake (200 calories) EVERY DAY! (minus the weekend- I'll eat out or have an egg mcmuffin from McDonalds- egg white mcmuffin is good too)

Lunch: Something smallish, around 300-400 calories (like a lean pocket and some edemame sp?)

Dinner: I like to stay around 500-600 calories, sometimes more, sometimes less

Snacks:  If my body is hungry then I'll have a protein shake after a workout (I have an Isolate protein shake to replenish what I've lost working out- 150 calories), or I may grab a fiber one bar or fiber one brownie (about 90-140 calories) or a few nuts.

So that puts be right around 1100-1200 a day.

Oh and WATER WATER WATER!  I carry my water with me everywhere, it reminds me to drink!  Today, I think I drank a bit too much (which is good... but not so good when you are trapped with 20 little kids to watch) and was about to burst until I found a teacher in the hall to watch my kids (they were having a bathroom break)  :)  I'm not sure how much water I drink a day but enough to keep me peeing!

Then I'll workout and usually burn around 300-700 calories depending on what I do and for how long and hard I workout. (and just because I burned those calories, doesn't mean I can have more for the day, those are bonus calories- not added to my 1200, make sense?)

EDIT!  After reading into "eating back calories" I have sense learned that I'm doing things WRONG!  I'm going to try to eat back what I burn tomorrow!!!  We'll see if that helps me lose more weight!

So, it isn't hard to do, you just have to have patience, dedication, the right mind set, a support group, and a happy inner skinny girl cheering you on.  :)

It was hard the first few days because I felt hungry but now I can't eat more without feeling full.  My stomach was so stretched out I guess from eating so much food but now it isn't as big (on the inside) because I went through a few days of wanting to eat but keeping myself from eating too much, make sense?

Oh and I put a small amount of food (a normal portion) on my plate.  If I finish that, I'll wait about 10 minutes before going back for seconds and usually I'm satisfied by then and don't go back for more.

So, thank you everyone who has commented about me losing weight, and thank you everyone who has said I was your motivation to begin working out and losing weight.  It makes a difference in my journey!  :)

Until we meet again- now go drink a big glass of water or 2!

Wow this was long... guess it's easier to blog when the children are in bed.  Time for some watermelon!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools