Monday, June 24, 2013

Issues to discuss... and my meal for the week

So I have a few issues to discuss...

I take medicine for my ADD.  It's a great mood booster and appetite suppressant.  When it kicks in, I can go 90 miles an hour!  Well, while it's in my system I don't feel hungry... like AT ALL.  I don't even think about food until all of a sudden it's the middle of the day and I realize I haven't eaten anything. 

So, here's my problem. I may not hit my calorie goal for the day... so should I force myself to eat when I'm not feeling hungry?  Maybe I already know the answer.  Maybe I just need to eat smaller meals throughout the day.  Yeah yeah I've heard that a lot.  I may just have to set me an alarm to remind myself to eat.  Because when I get busy, I just don't think about it. 

I did drink my protein shake this morning when I got up and I'll try to eat something for lunch.  I just feel like at times I'm forcing it down.  :/

Ok so moving on to another issue- ... crud I can't remember... oh yeah! 

I started adding in a good 30 minute kettlebell workout to the mix.  Now, I have always heard that when you start weights that your weight will go up and then back down.  So, how long does it take for it to go back down and how much would I go up?  I weighed last week at 175 and I was up to 176-177 the past few days.  Now granted I'm working out at night and having my recovery protein shake before bed.  So maybe I'm just holding onto that? 

I feel good about adding weights.  Last night's 2nd kettlebell workout didn't seem as bad as the first and I'm still a bit sore but not bad like I was the 1st workout.

Ok and flaxseed... I've never had it but hear about it a lot.  I was thinking about adding that to some of the foods I'm going to cook this week.  What does it do?  Is it just a good source of fiber and a filler that helps make you feel full?  Guess I need to read up on that a bit.

But thinking about this week, my husband kept telling me that since I'm home this summer I should really menu plan and cook more at home.  We get into the habit of waiting until the last minute to decide where to eat and then end up eating crap and it's so expensive).

So here's my menu for the week:

Monday: Lemon Butter Chicken with Sauteed spinach and mushrooms, baked sweet potato
Tuesday: Pancake bar, eggs, bacon (canadian bacon and egg whites for me, and I'm wondering if you can buy whole wheat pancake mix?  Oh and I'm gonna look for sugar free syrup)
Wednesday: Fish Tacos with chipotle-lime sauce (the sauce is made with greek yogurt)
Thursday: Salmon with sweet potatoes and asparagus (I make a pretty good broiled salmon!)
Friday: Meatloaf with mixed veggies (this is when I was going to add flaxseed to the meatloaf)
Saturday:  Chicken nuggets with sweet potato chips and fresh fruit (with possibly flaxseeds in with the chicken and it's baked chicken)

Sounds pretty yummy.  We'll see.  :)

And on that note it is time for me to get ready to go grocery shopping. 

I'm down to 2 children so far and my father-in-law is going to take Lauren with him today!  So it will just be me and Rylan shopping!  WOOHOO!  I think I can do that!  :)

Until we meet again!...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools