Monday, July 29, 2013

Camping...

We got back late yesterday from camping.  The kids had a great time!  Sure wish we could have gotten there earlier and stayed another night.  And I wish I had taken pictures of the kids.  I'm kinda sad I didn't think about getting pictures!  :/  I have some in my mind that hopefully will stay there as great memories.

Getting 6 people packed up with all the gear and food and things we didn't need sure did take a lot of effort and time!  By the time everyone got ready (I was ready around 1pm) it was almost dinner time before we got there.

The kids had a blast.  When we got there I put Rylan in his pack-n-play and he had fun watching the other kids from another campsite (who came over right when we got there).

Lauren had fun playing with her toys and running all around.  Conner had fun exploring and then ended up just hanging out in his little chair.  I think our kids were meant to be outside.  For some reason they took their shoes off and ran around barefoot the whole time!  Even though Lauren kept complaining about stepping on rocks and branches, she refused to put her shoes on.

I won't go into everything we did but I'll mention some of the highlights so I don't forget them in the future.

We finally got our dinner going, veggie kabobs and pork tenderloin on the grill.  That turned out great.

Conner had so much fun roasting marshmallows, though he didn't eat a single one, just cooked them for everyone.  :)  The first one he made caught on fire and turned black (which is yummy!) and he did great blowing on it to stop the fire.  He had fun cooking the hotdogs too.  I'm not sure he ever ate one or not, I was too busy running around taking care of the 3 kids, changing diapers, setting up beds and tents.

Lauren slept in a tent (divided room) with her Poppeo (Jason's dad), Conner slept in his own tent, and Rylan slept in our tent in his pack-n-play.  Lauren wanted to get into her pajamas around 9:30 but kept coming in and out of her tent until probably 11, then eventually went to sleep.

Conner was so proud of his tent, he had me come in there a few times to see his tent all fixed up.  He didn't go to bed until around 10 and then came out a few times just to hang out with us.

Rylan went to sleep and then woke up happy as could be once we came in our tent to go to bed.  It was the cutest thing to watch him.  He had a little glow stick in his crib that he was waving at us trying to get our attention.  Then he'd fall down and roll around a while, suck his thumb and then get up again to see if we were still there.  Eventually he fell asleep.

I didn't expect to sleep at all, but I did.  I had earplugs and benadryl to help!  :)

We got up the next day and I cooked breakfast and passed out powdered donut bags to everyone.

Then we went to the visitor center to get maps of the trails.  This was Conner's "trial run" for hiking.  We didn't even get out of the campsite before he kept saying that he couldn't walk anymore.  So... after getting to the visitor center finally, we decided to walk down to the playground area and let the kids play for a while and then headed back to our campsite.  The rest of the day was spent packing up and hanging out until everything was all packed up in the cars.

Overall, it was fun, just not long enough.

Next time (which I'm hoping will be soon) I think we may just camp in our backyard.  I think we'd have just as much fun.  Then if the kids get crazy, we'll just put them to bed inside.

Hard to type up everything with Lauren talking in my ear!

We packed more than what we needed... but there's always that "in the event of..." reason for packing the other stuff we did.

So, I didn't eat great this weekend but I sure did work my tail off getting camp set up and put back.

I stepped on the scale this morning and I haven't gained anything or lost anything- right at 167.5.  This was before going to the bathroom too... so maybe tomorrow will show a little loss.

Gotta get in the grove to clean my house today and get everything ready for starting back to school in a couple of weeks.

Oh and last night I came home and got in the shower only to find out that our hot water heater is not working!  Cold shower did NOT relax me one bit!  :/  So, I've gotta get out in the garage and clean it out so Jason can see what's wrong with it tonight.  I just hope we don't have to go buy another one!  :(

So,  time to get up and clean while I have some time before Conner gets home from his summer school.

Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools