Friday, July 12, 2013

Let the Detox begin...


Good morning blogging world.

I'll start by saying my weight today was down!!!  My monthly friend also made an appearance today so that could be the reason my weight finally dropped.  172!  :)  So, a half pound down since the last time I recorded but 2 pounds down since yesterday.  Women sure do know how to hold on to that water weight!  (and this is before I went to the bathroom too!  :P)

I went to the store last night to get stuff for the Dr. Oz 3 day detox/cleanse.  I'm sure some of you think he's a quack or whatever but the smoothies sounded interesting and I get enough calories for the day that this shouldn't be a problem.

It was more expensive than what Dr. Oz said... I didn't have a lot of the supplies at home so I had to buy everything!  :/  So instead of it costing about 50 dollars, it was closer to the 100 dollar mark... though I did buy some other things and more than I needed on the fruit... so maybe not that far over.

DAY 1 OF DR.OZ 3 DAY DETOX CLEANSE

So I got up today kinda excited about making the first shake.


You start by having your green tea with lemon drink.  I went ahead and made my shake first... I'll have my tea here in a bit.  I am having oolong tea since I already had that.

Breakfast shake...

1 cup water
1 cup raspberries
1 banana
1/4 cup spinach
1 tbs almond butter (quite tasty!)
1 tbs flax seed
2 tsp lemon

It turns a pretty pink color.  The verdict?  I can't stand raspberry seeds!  That's my only complaint.  I should have put more lemon in it too.  Not a bad flavor.  Nice and thick.  Just wish it didn't have seeds to get all stuck in my teeth!

If I drink it fast then there isn't much of a problem.

Now I'm suppose to to take my 1/2 multivitamin and pro biotic supplement.  So, I'll do that and drink my morning detox tea and get back with you later on how my lunch shake was.




Lunch Time!

My breakfast seemed to last a while for me.  I didn't get hungry again until about 1.  I probably should have made it a little earlier but I was busy trying to organize kids toys!

Lunch Shake...

4 Celery Stalks (cut it up so it isn't too stringy)
1 cucumber (wasn't sure if I was suppose to keep the skin on, so I did)
1 cup Kale Leaves (have never had Kale)
1/2 green apple
1/2 lime
1 Tbs. Coconut Oil (I've been cooking with this lately)
1/2 cup Almond Milk
1 Cup Pineapple

I added a cup of water because it wasn't blending well enough for me.

Verdict:  Love this more than breakfast!  So, when I get a snack, I think this will be it.

It makes a HUGE amount.  I think I'll get 2 of these cups.

One complaint- wish my blender would make everything smoother.  It is very pulpy.  I let it go like forever but it just didn't get it as good as I'd like.  But I really like the flavor of this one.

Poop Update (because you all want to know, right?)

After breakfast (about an hour later) I went successfully to the bathroom.  :D
Then I went again about an hour after that.

So far, so good!  :)

Time to drink!  :P

OK- I can not finish this lunch shake... not sure I have to but I guess I'll leave the other half for later as a snack!  It's a lot to drink at one time!

Oh and when I was reading reviews there were people complaining of headaches.  Yup, I have a slight headache but nothing too bad.  I'll keep an eye on that (could be from Lauren screaming in my ear!).

I made me some lemon/lime infused water to drink.  I need to make sure to drink water along with  my shakes!

Dinner Time!

7:00pm:
I have had a headache kinda hang around all day.  I haven't had to go number 2 in the bathroom again since this morning.  But, I have been peeing all day!  :)  I've been trying to drink more water so that could be part of it and the lunch one had a lot of veggies that were mostly water.

So, on to dinner.  I have been dreading this one all day because it has cayenne pepper in it!  :O  I'm a wuss with heat.  I can take some but not a lot.

I was reading a review today and someone suggested to put the cayenne pepper in part of the shake and drink it really fast and then enjoy the rest of the shake.  SMART!  So I did that.  :)

I have to say that this is my favorite shake of the day!

Dinner Shake...


1/2 cup mango
1 cup blueberries
1 1/2 cup coconut water (I have never tried this and the drink doesn't really taste like coconut at all)
1 cup Kale
1 Tbs Lemon
1/4 avocado
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbs flax seed


Who knew that blueberries and mango went well with avocado!


I'm going to try to go walking tonight once the kids are in bed ... NOPE, my head hurts and I feel kinda achy!  I think I'm just going to enjoy my epsom salt bath and go to bed early. I was suppose to get lavender oil... but I couldn't find it at walmart.  So I'll see how it is with just epsom salt.  Never done that either.


Off to finish my dinner drink and get these headache making children to BED!  I can't take one more spoon being dropped or one more scream!  I think my head is going to EXPLODE!

DAY 1 OVERVIEW:

Breakfast- didn't like the seeds
Lunch- Had a headache and enjoyed my shake.
Dinner- Loved the shake and feel quite headachy and pissy!

Some people complained about wanting to "chew" their food but so far I haven't cared much about that.  I kinda like just drinking my food (and it kinda helps to drink it in a big WINE GLASS!  HA!)

I'm hoping my mood will be better tomorrow.  I think the mixture of this detox/cleanse and that time of the month and LOUD children and it being HOT outside are making for one crappy me!

Looking forward to seeing how I feel when I wake up tomorrow.  

Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools