Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Measurements and Weight...

I was starting to get a little frustrated because the darn scale just won't move and keeps going up and down like a stinkin' roller coaster.  Then after reading and remembering what a friend said, I'm just going to have to give up the scale for a while or try not to think about it for a while!  My muscles are apparently holding on to some water or whatever because they are getting worked out and tired... or whatever the technical term is.  I'm eating fine and working out, so I know I'm headed in the right direction even if the scale doesn't reflect that.

Right before Branson or a couple of days before that, I weighed 172.5.  Today, once again, 175.  So, I decided that it was time to see if I have lost any inches (tomorrow will be 2 weeks since the last time I measured).  Here are my results...


 almost 2 weeks ago:
6/27/13 Measurements and Weight 173.5

  • Waist: 38.25"
  • Hips: 42.75'
  • Chest: 39.75
  • Neck: 13.5"
  • Leg: 23.5'"
  • Arm: 12.5"  
and today:
7/10/13 Measurements and Weight 175
  • Waist: 38 (probably really no loss, but .25" gone- this is my trouble area that just won't budge)
  • Hips: 41.5" (loss of 1.25"- it's probably all butt!)
  • Chest: 39 (loss of .75" sorry honey!)
  • Neck: 13.5" (same)
  • Leg: 23" (loss of .5")
  • Arm: 12.25" (loss of .25")
Total inches lost: 3 inches

So I'm making progress.  I'd like to be losing more around my waist but it just isn't leaving.  That extra skin from babies and from being fat, is just kinda stuck there.

I did put on one of the shorts I got last Saturday and they were NOT snug and I thought I could have actually gotten 1 size smaller.

My 14's are not snug, they are actually getting lose on me.

I have a few size 12 I can fit into.

The bra lady measured me and said I could wear a C cup but D would be more comfy.  C!!!  I haven't been a C since who knows when!  :O  Probably before I got married too!
 
So the proof is in pudding.

Monday I walked (with running) and did my kettlebell routine.
Tuesday I walked as fast as I could (had my pedometer on and I used some calculations to figure out my average speed.  Still can't seem to get faster with just walking than 3.2-3.5 mph).  Then I did my kettlebell (was able to do more without getting as tired), some pushups (was able to do 10 of them on my knees), some crunches, around the world things, and some things I remember doing on the insanity video. 

I probably over did myself last night!  I forgot to take my protein recovery drink after and about 1 hour later my muscles were aching!  So bad that I finally decided to get up and drink it and take some ibprofen.  :O

I'm feeling a little sore today but not like I was last night.

Anyway, I know I'm headed in the right direction.  I feel like maybe I haven't been pushing myself hard enough.  So, I'm gonna try to keep on pushing and see how far I can push.

Jason did say (after I made him look at me flex) that he was impressed with my triceps.  I can see and feel them.  I can also see my bicep a little (have a little bump).  My calves are not where I'd like them to be but I'm starting to be able to see them a bit. 

It's exciting to see change and to feel change.  So, even though the scale doesn't show it, I know I'm doing something and maybe I'm just getting stronger and building more muscle (reguardless of if they are just sore and holding on to water).

Gotta get ready to take Conner to the dentist to get a cap (he's excited but I don't think he knows what he's in for!).  :O 

Until we meet again, a little stronger, a little happier, a little skinnier!...


Oh and I wanted to say that my mom is now working on finding her skinny girl and so is another teacher friend.  :)  YOU CAN DO IT!  I'm so proud.  It makes me feel like I've pulled them over to the "dark side"... if that makes any sense.  It's like another one joins my team in losing weight and gaining a better life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools