Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Push yourself!

Last night I didn't feel like going for my walk but I knew I needed to.  I had my workout clothes on, my shoes were tied, I had no excuse.

Right before I left, Jason said something to me about running more when I walked.   So, once Michael Jackson started singing to me, I told myself that I was going to push as hard as I could tonight and beat my average speed.

I usually add a little running to my walking and end up with an average speed of 3.2 mph.  I kept telling myself that this is my workout time, if Chris Powell was here, he would tell me to not give up and to dig deeper.  So that's what I did.

I ran and then walked and ran and walked and ran more than I've run before.  I kept thinking that I'm not going to die and to keep moving my feet until they literally can't move anymore.  It sure was hard for me.  But, I feel like if I keep doing what I did last night that I'll be running longer and farther each time! 

I came home for a brief moment to get a drink of water and could barely get a word out.  Then I went back out and ran even more.

I know I didn't run the whole time and I couldn't.  I did end up doing more steps than I usually do and a faster speed than I normally do. 

I ran/walked 6,835 steps in about 50 minutes.  Which is about 3.9-4.1 mph.  I know that's no runner's speed.  I sure wish I knew about how fast I was running when I was running.

But, I feel good about that.  Now I woke up with a sore hip and will probably walk it out tonight and then run again the next night. 

My goal is to beat my time each night. 

Weird feeling happened last night- I think I wanted to go again after I was in bed thinking about it.  I think I've got a little addiction now to running.  I think I hit that wall and then pushed myself through it and kept on running.

I keep debating whether or not I could run a 5K and if I do like I did last night and push myself, I think I could do it in no time! 

I didn't feel like Fat Albert running last night.  I didn't feel like I was hitting the ground hard and I didn't feel so jiggly.  It's a lot easier to run when you don't have so much weight to carry!

In other news...

I was looking online on myfitnesspal last night at some before and after pictures of people!  What a motivation!  I did see a few people who were super heavy and had that belly flap that is no longer there!  So, it is possible to lose this extra skin.  In fact, my extra skin really is getting smaller and less noticeable (I should probably take a picture so one day I can compare it!).  It's exciting to think that one day I'll be able to wear a bikini (a long time from now, but some day)!  One day I won't be all weird about my belly showing.  One day I'll have flat abs.

I know it's going to take some time but my body is currently under construction.  I don't get sad each day about how far I have left to go, I take it one day at a time and look forward to making those small steps that will lead me towards my little skinny girl I once knew.

I'm on my way and nothing's gonna stop me! 

I put on my jeans straight from the closet yesterday and they are about falling off my body!  I can easily pull them up over my tummy.  That's one feeling that's gonna take me a long time to get used to!

I also threw on a size large t-shirt WITHOUT stretching it out to make room for my belly and boobs.  That's another feeling I'm gonna have to get used to.  I don't have to wear an undershirt tank top to help suck in my stomach anymore.

Oh it's such a great feeling to start really seeing and feeling the difference of losing 50+ pounds.

Weight today: 167.5.  I smiled today when I stepped on the scale. (51 pounds gone forever- scale is still moving)

Time to go make myself a protein shake, take my pills (antibiotic and pain pill) and get my oldest child off to his summer school (thank goodness because it's only 8am and I've already had enough of him fighting with his sister).  SHEESH CHILDREN!


Until we meet again, a little lighter, a little faster...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools