Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Running with children

So this morning I went to the mall to meet up with my mom and grandma.  We went walking for only just a little bit before everyone got hungry for lunch.  I put Lauren in a stroller and Rylan in another.  My mom pushed Rylan and I pushed Lauren.

I decided that since we didn't have much time, that I should do a little bit of running (and I was feeling it, I just had the urge to go faster).  So I started running.  It sure is easier to push a stroller and run. 

I don't know what it was, I didn't care if people were watching me, I didn't care if I looked stupid, I just ran (or jog, but it feels like running to me).  Not a lot, but enough to get my heart rate up a little.  Then we'd circle back around to get back to my mom and gran. 

It also made me keep on going when I had Conner running along with me and Lauren telling me to go faster and keep on running.

What good cheerleaders I have around me that I didn't even realize!

So now I'm trying to figure out how to make this work more often.  I don't have my double stroller anymore, so I'm not sure how I'd do it with all 3 kids by myself... but I want to do this more often!

Maybe I can take Lauren and Conner with me at night before the mall closes while Jason watches Rylan.  Or maybe when it cools off a little outside I can take Lauren with me in the neighborhood... though it felt a lot better on a smooth floor. 

Something inside me just wanted to RUN!

I watched Extreme Weightloss last night and was very motivated by the girl on there.  She had lost about 100 pounds or so when she was taken to Paris and ran a marathon!  A MARATHON!  Watching her run non-stop (mostly) was amazing.  I want to dig deep and see just how far I can run non-stop!  So far I get up to about 30-45 seconds and feel like slowing down.  Maybe I just haven't broken through that wall yet. 

She was talking about how her mind was telling her that she is in pain, that her legs were numb, that she had this tingling feeling making her nervous and it's like her body was trying to tell her to stop.  But she pushed through it and finished the marathon.

Maybe I just need to focus on my breathing and push on through the pain, push through the wall and keep on running.

I just want to go back up to the mall and run some more. 

Weird feeling.  Maybe it's because I haven't been out in a few days to sweat and workout. 

I think I get such a good feeling from sweating and working out, it's a great accomplishment and a great feeling when I'm done.

Maybe I should just run circles around the house (though Jason would tell me that cleaning burns a lot of calories).  

I know I'm running some and walking some and lifting weights some (need to do more)... but is that enough?  Am I really pushing myself enough and burning enough calories? 

I am starting to think that maybe I'm not doing enough.  My heart rate monitor battery died and I haven't replaced it yet.

I weighed in this morning at 168.5.  A pound heavier than the other day.  I'm just sticking around those numbers and I think it's time to do MORE!  Time to give myself that little extra push before life gets crazy again with school.

I'm excited for school to start back because then after school is over, I can workout.  I can get back into some kind of routine and keep on losing weight.

Speaking of school... tomorrow and Friday we are testing our kindergarten kids so we can place then in classrooms.  So I'd better get this house somewhat clean and do some laundry!

I haven't been able to do the dishes or laundry the past couple of days because our water heater went out.  We got a new one up and working last night so no more excuses there.

Off to run around the house and clean.

Until we meet again...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools