Tuesday, July 23, 2013

To all of my "emotional" eaters, food adicts...

I was watching Extreme Weightloss tonight and it really hit home.... not really for me but for some very close people to me...  So this if for you...

I want to be an inspiration to you, I want to help you in your journey, if you need me, please let me know.

I was going to go more into my life here and talk about how I was once addicted to food... but I think I just want to go into the fact that you CAN overcome the dang food addiction and emotional eating.  It's possible....

It takes great effort on your part and you have to be emotionally ready to lose the weight and change your life.

There were so many times that I battled with my dang fat girl inside me and I still do at times.  When I first started this journey I had to keep telling myself that I'm doing this for the long run, I want to change, I want to be happy, I want to find the real ME!

Chris Powell always seems to find a way inside the person who is battling with themselves and once they finally overcome that evil inside them, that's when their transformation begins.

I hear someone close to me always say, "I so badly want to lose this weight, I'm ready, I want this weight off."  But are they really?  Not one week later I hear them say, "It has been a bad week."

I understand that it's hard.  The first step is always the hardest.

1.  Don't eat in front of your TV
2.  Don't keep foods in your house that you will be tempted to eat because YOU WILL EAT IT!
3.  Don't make excuses!

The more you resist the temptations, the easier it becomes.  The more you give yourself excuses, the harder it is to change your mind.

I'm having a hard time writing down everything I want to say.  Sometimes I feel like I can talk and talk and talk about this to people but some people are just not truly ready to change.  I know, I've been there.

If you have a bad day/week... don't beat yourself up over it, just dust yourself off and try a little harder the next time.  Not everything is going to be easy.  YOU are the one who put that food in your mouth.  YOU are the one who chose to be fat.  YOU are the only one who can make the change and become a healthier person.

I'll be there to support you but you are the only one who can decide that you are ready to get up and do something about your life.

Think of all the things you are missing out on because you are overweight.  Think of all the things you could be doing if you would just lose that extra weight that's holding you down.  Think of how happy it is going to feel to be able to put on clothes and they fit.  Think of how happy you are going to feel to be able to shop in those stores you couldn't shop in before.  Think of how happy you will be to look in the mirror and no longer see a sad face but a happy face filled with life!

I know those little things keep me going and keep pushing me forward.

Think of how much effort it took you to lose 1, 2, or even 5 pounds.  Would you really want to go backwards by giving into your temptation?  Or, think of how bad you are going to feel when you do have one of those emotional eating binges.  You're gonna wake up the next day and regret ever doing that to yourself.

I'm not saying you can't eat a candy bar or something... but if you do, don't keep on doing it because you "messed up."  Eat one, get it over with, and move on from it.  Don't dwell on it.  We aren't perfect.  I even say, why wait until tomorrow when you think you've screwed up?  When you realize what you've done and you feel guilty about your emotional eating or your food addiction then stand up and walk away from the food.  You don't have to wait until tomorrow or "Monday" to start over.  If you keep waiting till tomorrow, tomorrow will never come and then you will be back in that slippery slope again and before you know it, you'll weigh more than you did before.

Throw it out!  If all you think about is that bag of chips or that tub of ice cream in your house, THROW IT OUT!  I used to do that- I'd take a bite or 2 and then pour the rest out.  The cost of the food wasn't worth the battle I had inside me.  I felt much better once I did throw it out and the temptation from that food went away shortly after doing that.

There are times when I wish I could change the mind of someone and help them see what their life would be like if they lost their extra weight.  But, I can't.  I can only be there as support and cheer them on.  I wish losing weight was easy, but it's not.

But it's so rewarding!  It is such a great feeling to wake up one day and realize that you have lost 51 pounds.  It is such a great feeling to know that YOU did that!  There wasn't anyone else who put your tennis shoes on and made you go for that walk.  There wasn't anyone spoon feeding you good food, YOU did that on your own!  There wasn't anyone else battling those temptations or those thoughts inside you but you! Yes you had support but the only person who can lose that weight and change your life and your mind is you!

Anyway, if you need someone to slap you in the face and tell you to wake up and live, I'll be that girl for you.  If you need someone to talk to or advice, I'll be that girl for you.  If you need someone to talk to when you are having an emotional day and all you feel like doing is eating, I'll be here.

I want everyone to join in with me and become happy healthy fit people!

I can't WAIT till I'm fit and in the best shape of my life.  My journey is well on it's way and as my 6 year old told me tonight, "I'm halfway away from being skinny."

So maybe I'm halfway away from finally finding my inner skinny girl. (22.5 pounds away from 145!- doesn't seem that far away!)

Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools