Monday, April 24, 2017

SO SLEEEEPPPYYY

Back again.

I recently got an e-mail from someone who was actually reading my blog (didn't know people actually took the time to read)... and it made me think, I need to get out here and blog more.

Update in a nutshell- I'm off my diet but trying to get back to eating better.  Started cutting out Dr. Pepper and watching my sugar intake.

My husband was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes when he went to see his doctor after suffering with stomach pains for quite some time (he's stubborn and refused to go to the doctor until it was medically necessary for sure)... turns out he has inflammatory colitis (or I think that's what its called) as well as type 2 diabetes. 

I mention that to bring you up to speed on why I'm starting to eat better... because we have to.  So, now we will carb count (the best I know how) and watch what we eat (no more sodas and bad crap around here).

I started menu planning this past week.  Found an app I thought was cool and turned out all the recipes my husband turned his nose to... so he found me an app where I can enter in recipes and make my own menu and shopping list.  Works out great. (the app is anylist and it's 11.99 for the year- so worth it- they also have a free app which we've used for years). 

Monday- eggplant parmesan (shake and bake) with side salad
Tuesday- Lemon butter cod (or whatever fish it was we got from sams the other day, can't remember) with rice (he won't eat much rice but I'll load him up with fish and veggies)
Wednesday- Chicken chili (easy peasy)
Thursday- Italian wedding soup (gonna attempt to make this, he really likes this from an Italian place he eats lunch at... so I'll try but I'm sure it won't be as good)
Friday- Shrimp boil- YUMMY!  I'll load him up on shrimp and a small portion of potatoes and corn

Saturday and Sunday- I figure one of the days above I won't feel like cooking so we might eat oatmeal or something instead or maybe the father-in-law will cook and I won't have to.

So that's that.  I ordered almost everything online from Walmart grocery pick-up... and will go get all of that tonight!!  Makes my life easier for sure.

In other news on me- I have been in a funk lately... not sure what's up with me.  Maybe I'm depressed?  Maybe I'm just not feeling good?  Maybe it's the lack of Dr. Pepper that's causing with-drawls? Not sure but today I can not keep my eyes open (well I could type with my eyes shut... but I do have them currently open while I'm blogging).

I need to start walking or working out or moving in some way... just can't seem to do it... just want to take a nap, which is impossible anyway when ya have 3 kids.

I hope this goes away soon, I hope I can get my butt in gear cause I have work I've got to do.

Speaking of work... not sure I told the blogging world or maybe I did, I work from home now and run my own business.

I just finished my first HUGE shirt order (well huge for me- 684 shirts to be exact).  That was an exciting stepping stone in my world.  I got a new heat press to do the job and man it's wonderful.  If you're wondering, I got Stahl's Hottronix and it's amazing.  My arms aren't as sore and it is like going from an old beat up pinto to the nice new fancy car (whatever car is fancy). 

I did my own taxes this year (sure hope I didn't screw anything up... took me forever because well... I am not an accountant).  I learned that I need to keep up with my records better by the month and invoice everything.  But I managed go through it.  I had no clue how much I had actually brought in this year... was over 35K.  :O  That was my gross sales... my net was not nearly as high... well because I way over spent on things this year and learning how to run a business and what to buy and what not to buy was a learning curve.

But not bad for the first year of a startup business with just word of mouth and some etsy (my etsy is mainly digital sales with a few physical orders).

I am blessed for sure and have amazing friends who keep me going.

Anyway, I'm sure this is a boring post compared to some of my weight loss blogs about running with my boobs flopping (sure that will be subject of posts in the future).

I have no idea what I weigh now, took the scale away a long time ago because I was obsessing... so I will have to find that sometime soon and take another round of before measurements and weight and let the games begin... may the odds be ever in my favor.

Time to go cook and attempt to clean some of this house that's over crowded and too small for this wild family of 5!

Until next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight loss ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools